Monday, February 14, 2011

Best of the Grammys

I'll say it here - I LOVE EMINEM.  I always have, always will.  He's talented.  If you think otherwise, you clearly don't know what talent is.  You may not like what he has to say, or be offended by him, but you cannot deny his amazing talent.  He's good at what he does.

His performance (specifically the part with Dr. Dre) was hands down the best performance of last night's Grammys.  He's good.  Really good.  I also like Dr. Dre, so that didn't hurt. 



Yes I drew the hearts. Shut up.

I was thrilled to see him take home rap album of the year for "Recovery".  If you don't already have a copy I suggest you pick one up ASAP.  My favorite songs are WTP, No Love (feat. Lil' Wayne (who scares me)), and Space Bound.  Oh I also like 25 to Life. 

I enjoyed hearing Lady Antebellum sing.  I think they have amazing voices and I do like their song (sorry Laura). 

It was great to hear Norah Jones sing.  I like her.

I also liked Lady Gaga's performance.  Her entrance on the egg thing definitely peaked every one's curiosity and it was nice to see here in a relatively "normal" get-up.  She's a great performer and singer, so I enjoyed that. 

Muse rocked.  I did like Mumford, but wish they had done their more popular song.

I also liked the Aretha Franklin tribute which kicked off the show.  Jennifer Hudson and Christina were the best by far, but everyone did a great job.

There were a few people superbly dressed. 

Julianne Hough. I pick her not only because I love her and wish she would come back to Dancing With the Stars, but because I think she looked absolutely stunning last night.


J Lo looked hot.  Although I think her dress is a little short for her age, she was able to rock it for sure.


Eva Longoria looked good as always too.


Well that's my good recap of last night. I did enjoy watching the Grammys overall.  I haven't watched in years and I am glad I did.  The pre-show Red Carpet on E was a must-watch for sure as otherwise you wouldn't have seen some of the hideous outfits that luckily some of the stars changed out of (cough Katy Perry). 

Anywho, thanks for reading! Did you watch the Grammys? Who do you think had the best performance or was best dressed?

Check out my friend Jen's picks here on her blog!

1 comment:

Jen said...

I didn't get to watch all of the Grammy's. I started watching it while I was visiting at my moms, but I had to leave and when I got home I never put it back on. I really liked what I saw though and wish I could have seen the entire show. I am going to post a best/ worst on my blog too, with shoes, as you suggested.