Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Tax Appointment

Tonight is the dreaded tax appointment with our accountant.  It's dreaded because I don't really know what to expect.  In all of the other years I've always had a pretty good idea of how things would go - owe a little to the state get a little more from federal.

This year there are some changes - 1) we're married, 2) we own a home, 3) we have other larger possible deductions.  I'm hoping our medical was enough to put us over the required threshold, fingers crossed! 

I will be happy if we don't owe, although I'll be ecstatic if we actually get something back! Think good thoughts for us please :)

Our goal for this year was to become debt free, although the unexpected expenses associated with the burglary and beefing up our home security has made us go backwards on that goal unfortunately.  Hoping a tax return might be able to give us a jump start in the right direction.  Hey, a girl can dream right!?

2 comments:

Laura said...

Good luck friend!! It sounds like you guys are primed for a refund!

Elizabeth said...

I got back about what I got back last year when I was filing single. Eh. Nothing special. We still owe a few hundred to the state. BOO!