Thursday, March 17, 2011

Happy St. Patty's Day (and a Thankful Thursday)

Happy St. Patty's Day to all of my followers and readers! I'm so sorry I've been MIA for about a week.  I came down with a nasty cold on Thursday and had to take a few days off of work.  Now that I'm back at work it's catch up time and I've been slammed.  Oh and my Internet at home is down and the hubby is out of town.  I'm hoping to get back into the swing of things very soon!

Anywho - Happy St. Patty's Day to all! Hope you're all wearing GREEN!! I am:


Today I am thankful for my Irish heritage. Hooray! I actually love ancestry and spent countless hours a few years back tracing various lineages.  I did trace one of my lines all the way back to Ireland, which was difficult exciting.  I still have much work to do on completing my ancestry, just as soon as I have a few thousand spare hours (ha ha ha). 

What are your plans for St. Patty's Day?  I am going to do something with my dear friend Jessica today.  Who knows, maybe we'll find an fun Irish Pub to get drunk eat at.  Have a wonderful day everyone!

4 comments:

Amy Musser said...

Happy St. Patty's day to you! Glad you are feeling better. I am wearing my green as well and have plans for Guinness beef stew for dinner with a side of Guinness!

Jessica said...

Happy St. Patrick's Day to you too!! Not a whole lot of plans here, but I am cooking some Corned beef & cabbage for dinner.

Jen said...

Hope you had a wonderful day, and I hope you are feeling better! I would love to do some research on my ancestry, but I don't know enough information to really get started. I absolutely love watching "Who Do You Think You Are" though, which makes me want to do it even more.

Laura said...

Happy St Patrick's Day!! :) Hope you had a fun night! I would totally be into doing my lineage, and by doing I mean paying someone else to do. :)