Saturday, April 2, 2011
DIY - Unique Bridal Shower/Wedding Gift Idea
This framed art, featuring the date of the couples' big day is a super easy, but fun gift to give for a bridal shower or even a wedding.
I am attending a shower this afternoon and had seen this idea several weeks ago on a fellow bloggers' blog (I am so sorry I forgot to make a note of who's blog this was, so if it was yours please contact me so I can add your link here). I whipped this up in no time!
Here is a quick run down of how you can create this unique gift as well.
- nice frame featuring 3 photos all the same direction (I chose a frame with 3 5x7 photos)
- 3 coordinating designer papers (or you can stamp your own)
- a cutter to cut said designer paper to 5x7
- 1 piece of solid cardstock for the numbers (must know the wedding date!)
- a big shot or cricut cartridge with a font you like (I used my Cricut Storybook font - setting at 5")
1) cut your 3 background papers into 3 5x7 pieces
2) cut your numbers with the date of the wedding (I used a 5" setting as I felt it would be the perfect size for the 5x7 photos, if you have a smaller frame you may want to use a smaller font)
3) tape number onto center of background pages and place in photo windows
TADA! That's it! How easy is that!?
This would also be a cute gift for a new baby (of course after the baby is born so you get the right birth date).
Thanks for looking!