Thursday, June 30, 2011

Recipe for Peach-Basil-Onion Salad

Since my post on Monday I have received several emails requesting the recipe for the salad.  My disclaimer is that this is NOT my recipe, but from the June 2011 edition of Martha Stewart Living. 

It is delicious and we made it again Tuesday night with some peaches I got from my great friend/masseuse, Connie.  The second time I made it I didn't really measure anything, more eye-balled it.  Please don't hesitate to contact me if you have any comments/questions or if you added something that you just loved and wanted to share with me :)

Peach-Basil-Red Onion Salad
Toss 3 peaches, sliced 1/2 inch thick, with 1/4 red onion, very thinly sliced, 1/2 cup fresh basil (leaves torn if large), the juice of 1/2 lemon, 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt, and some freshly ground pepper.  Drizzle with 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil

Serves 4
Per serving: 81 calories, 0 g saturated fat, 3 g unsaturated fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 13 g carbohydrates, 140 mg sodium, 1 g protein, 2 g fiber

Enjoy!

1 comment:

StaceyN said...

I will definitely try this once food starts tasting better. Nothing worse than trying something yummy while my taste buds are weird. So many foods that used to be yummy now taste blech. So wait I must. =(