Saturday, April 2, 2011

DIY - Unique Bridal Shower/Wedding Gift Idea


This framed art, featuring the date of the couples' big day is a super easy, but fun gift to give for a bridal shower or even a wedding. 

I am attending a shower this afternoon and had seen this idea several weeks ago on a fellow bloggers' blog (I am so sorry I forgot to make a note of who's blog this was, so if it was yours please contact me so I can add your link here).  I whipped this up in no time!

Here is a quick run down of how you can create this unique gift as well.






Supplies:
- nice frame featuring 3 photos all the same direction (I chose a frame with 3 5x7 photos)
- 3 coordinating designer papers (or you can stamp your own)
- a cutter to cut said designer paper to 5x7
- 1 piece of solid cardstock for the numbers (must know the wedding date!)
- a big shot or cricut cartridge with a font you like (I used my Cricut Storybook font - setting at 5")

Directions
1) cut your 3 background papers into 3 5x7 pieces
2) cut your numbers with the date of the wedding (I used a 5" setting as I felt it would be the perfect size for the 5x7 photos, if you have a smaller frame you may want to use a smaller font)
3) tape number onto center of background pages and place in photo windows

TADA! That's it! How easy is that!?

This would also be a cute gift for a new baby (of course after the baby is born so you get the right birth date).

Thanks for looking!

10 comments:

Laura said...

Love this idea!

mcfury said...

I was blown away by your creativity today for sure pookie! You are amazing!

Monique Leslie The Misfit Crafter said...

This is such an awesome idea. I may have to borrow it next wedding gift I have to give.
Thanks for follwing me. I a now a follower too.

Jen said...

That is really pretty...pookie! hahaha

Anonymous said...

Very efficiently written information. It will likely be priceless to anyone who usess it, including myself. Keep up the nice work – for sure i will take a look at extra posts.

Razzled Scrapper said...

This is a great idea. Thanks for sharing.

gift pakistan said...

I love your idea and like to use when i need to gift to their friend.

Anonymous said...

Wow, superb blog format! How lengthy have you been blogging for?
you made running a blog look easy. The overall look of your site is fantastic, as neatly as the content!
Feel free to surf my homepage ... Accidental Calling

Anonymous said...

I really like your blog.. very nice colors & theme.

Did you make this website yourself or did you hire someone to do it for you?
Plz answer back as I'm looking to create my own blog and would like to find out where u got this from. many thanks
My webpage > lanautica

Anonymous said...

This is my go to wedding/anniversary gift. Only I use photos of numbers and chose the best style that suit the couple. Example my mom got married last year and her and her new husband like all things western. So I took a frame just like the above in a nice brown and chose number pictures with earthy texture and printed them in Sepia. She liked it so much she had me make one for her friends wedding!