Friday, September 2, 2011
Friday Five - TV Series
My husband and I enjoy watching various TV series on Netflix or the like - we have watched quite a few and have a lengthy list of more that we are looking forward to watching. Generally we take turns selecting the show. Here are five of my favorite shows we have watched so far from start to finish (or from start to the current status if the show is still on-air!).
1) The Office - this show makes me literally LOL. It definitely reminds me of my office's dynamics and I think anyone who works in an office environment would appreciate the humor in this show - and even persons not working in such an environment will appreciate this awkward humor - my favorite kind!
2) The Wire - this is about a police task force in Baltimore focusing on a major drug ring. It's so great! I do suggest turning the sub titles on so you can catch everything. After watching this show, sometimes just for fun my husband and I listen to the local police scanner - haha.
3) Six Feet Under - as with all HBO shows - this show was a little graphic, so be warned. I enjoyed the complex relationships and characters created. I always had trouble picking a favorite character as with real life each character is portrayed with both their good and bad qualities.
4) Glee - In case you live under a rock, this show rocks! I didn't watch it for a long time as I thought it was going to be some cheesy teenager show but it's not. In fact I don't think I would want my teenagers watching it (if I had any). I love the singing, and I REALLY love the dancing. Both mine and Tim's favorite character is Brittney because she's so funny.
5) Boardwalk Empire - This show is set in the 20's in Atlantic City (during prohibition) and features corrupt politicians and their schemes. It's terrific. I had to get past my image of Nucky from when he was in Billy Madison putting lipstick on and creating his hit list, but I've gotten past it and really am enjoying his character. We love this show and can't wait for season 2 to start soon, EEK!
We are greatly looking forward to the upcoming seasons of The Office, Glee and Boardwalk Empire. The Wire and Six Feet Under were fabulous. Actually all 5 of these shows have been awesome and I highly recommend them!
What are some of your favorite TV series? Or have you watched any of the above - what do you think?